Hey guys! Today I was going post a review for The Summer I Turned Pretty (which I absolutely loved by the way) but I was totally uninspired, so I decided to do the Mean Girls Book Tag (yes… another tag *sigh*) because I figure it a good way for you guys to get to know me. I have no smooth transition so lets just get started.
1. “It’s pronounced like Cady” – Which fictional character’s names did you get completely wrong?
It’s hard to narrow this down to just one, but the one that sticks out the most in my mind is Tobias from Divergent. When the movie came out I was shocked to find out it was actually pronounced Toh-bye-uhs. I always thought it was Toe-be-us.
2. “She doesn’t even go here!” – Which character would you like to place in a fictional world from another book or series?
I would give anything to have Will Herondale in literally any cheesy contemporary. But not as a main character, just some guy who has no idea what’s going on and keeps making sarcastic comments. Cassandra Clare can we please make this happen.
3. “On Wednesdays we wear pink!” – Repetition. Repetition. Which book gave you dejavu of another book whilst reading it?
I spent way to long trying to think of something, and still I could only come up with the most obvious choice. I suppose I have to go with Divergent and the similarities it had to The Hunger Games (I’m so unoriginal) sorry!
4. “You all have got to stop calling each other sluts and whores. It just makes it okay for guys to call you sluts and whores.” – Which book gave you the complete opposite of girl power feels?
For this on I have to pick The Selection series. This concept of the selection is literally to treat girls like they’re objects in a game. Now that I think about it this book gave me some serious THG dejavu with the castes and being picked for the ‘games’. But going back to the question this book was anti-feminism at it’s finest (I still loved it though…oops).
5. “You go Glen Coco!” – Name a character you felt like you wanted to cheer on whilst reading.
Day from legend immediately popped into my head for this one. That kid went through some tough crap and I just wanted him to be happy.
6. “Get in loser, we’re going shopping!” How long do you typically spend at a book shop?
I don’t have a typical amount of time I spend in a book store. That can range between 10 minutes and 2ish hours. It totally depends on my mood, what I’m looking for, if there are pretty displays (yes I’m one of those people) and so much more.
7. “It’s not my fault you’re like in love with me or something!” – Which character would have to get out a restraining order on you, if they were real?
One??? More like all of them. To name a few: Finnick O’dair (THG), Percy Jackson (PJO), Conrad Fisher (TSITP), and Daemon Black (LUX)
8. “I can’t help it that I’m popular.” – Which overhyped book were you cautious about reading?
Probably To All The Boys I’ve loved before. I did end up liking the book but personally it didn’t live up to the hype.
9. “She’s a life ruiner. She ruins peoples lives.” – We all love Regina George. Name a villain you just love to hate.
This isn’t technically one person but I think I have to go with any ‘villain’ that Rick Riordan writes.
10. “I’m not like a regular Mom, I’m a cool Mom.” – Your favourite fictional parents.
The Garretts from My Life Next Door are hysterical. Plus they raised Jase so they must be pretty cool.
11. “That is so Fetch!” – Which book or series would you love to catch on?
Reboot by Amy Tintera. I know this book is fairly popular but I think everyone should read it.
12. “How do I even begin to explain Regina George?” – Describe your ideal character to read about.
I don’t really have an ideal character. I just like characters that are unique.
13. “I just have a lot of feelings.” – What do you do when a book gives you a bad case of ‘the feels’?
14. “Nice wig Janice, what’s it made of?” “Your Mom’s chest hair!” – Which characters one liners would you love to claim for your own?
Literally anything that Daemon Black (Lux) says. One of my favourites is “Me and Katy look adorkable in extraterrestrial highway shirts. You would just look stupid. You can thank me later.” It isn’t technically a one liner or answer the question as I wouldn’t want it to me mine, but it made me grin when I read it so I’m counting it.
15. “Boo, you whore.” – Name a time a characters decision has made you roll your eyes
Any time Percy Jackson does anything. ever.
Thanks for reading